- The first verse is your chance to set the pitch for the whole play.
- Kiyotsune is fairly young and educated, the pitch should not be too low and it should have a quality of smoothness and elegance.
- Start low and use the first verse to find the right ‘pitch increase range’ within one sentence of yowagin.
- It’s easier to adjust the pitch above than below.
- Even if your face is covered, remember to keep lips and cheeks relaxed while you sing.
- The chant is beautiful, be careful not to to let your mind wander too much as you listen to the ji-utai while sitting on the stool. You are the captain.